Monday, February 11, 2013

Texture

The theme last week was texture.  It's really easy and really challenging all at the same time.  It's not like you have to hunt around for textures.  Texture is everywhere.  Everything has texture.  How do you isolate just one thing?  I fell back on an old favorite, and took a picture of raindrops on my windshield.  It doesn't matter how many pictures I take after the rain, they are all different. Sometimes the drops are big, sometimes small, sometimes a blend of both. Sometimes they seem to fall into a pattern, and sometimes they are completely random, but they are always beautiful, and they always have texture.

I gave some thought to the subject of texture while I was still deciding on my shot.  Everything has texture.  Everything.  Even intangible things.  Words can have texture.  Music can have texture.  A look can even have texture.  So I guess at the end of the day, our lives have texture too.  What is my texture?  Am I soft, gentle, fuzzy?  Am I hard, prickly, unyielding? Does the texture I convey to others and to the world around me reflect who I am?  Is my texture one that attracts people, or does it tell others to stay away?  My thought for the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment