Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's the little things....


My wonderful husband surprised me with a gift of a macro lens for Christmas.  I fell in love that day.  It was the best gift ever.  I love how it brings out the details of the smallest things.  On the day after Christmas, I went for a walk around the block, and I took my camera with me.  I took about 30 or 40 pictures on that little walk.  Pictures of flowers and leaves and berries. Things I normally walk straight past with barely a glance.  But with a macro lens in hand, the tiny things become beautiful, big and bold.  And I've found that now when I take a walk, even when I don't have a camera in my hand, I notice the little things.  I see the tiny flowers, and the spider webs glittering with dew.  It's the little things that bring me joy everyday.  I like that.




2 comments:

  1. wow..very beautiful! I am a sucker for some good photography!!
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! They make me want to get a macro lens! :)

    ReplyDelete