Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Places around me.

My husband and I moved to the Los Angeles area 13 years ago.  13 years.  That's a long time.  Just ask the parent of a 13 year old.  Ask anyone who has graduated from high school.  I have lived here a long time, but I don't know the Los Angeles area very well at all.  I think I'm going to change that.  I am publicly declaring my intent to investigate and explore the places around me.

While Venice is not new to me, it is a place I haven't visited in a long time.  I used to live very close to the canals, but I don't think I've visited them in at least 4 or 5 years.  I found myself in the area a few weeks ago, with a free morning in my schedule.  So I found a parking spot on one end of the canals, and spent a couple of hours walking and enjoying the tiny area of canals, bridges and houses that cost more than I could ever dream to afford.  It's a beautiful place, and I was blessed with a beautiful, quiet day.

Beautiful places are all around me.  All I have to do is go out to find them.






1 comment:

  1. Ah, what beautiful images. (Birds and reflections have always appealed to me!) Yes, a dozen-plus years is a long time: enough to start getting to know the ins and outs of one's environment. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete