Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 2. Already.

Honestly, I'm impressed to find myself at my computer posting my second week of the New Year.  My New Years Resolutions usually don't make it passed day 5.  Ha.  No really, I'm serious.

Amazingly, I have made progress in each of my resolutions so far.  In terms of moving more and eating better, I have gotten up early and exercised, gone to the gym, and committed to 30 days of green smoothies.  And the 'green' in that statement is no misnomer.  These smoothies are green.  Spinach green.  And today was number 8.  And I like them. And I may even continue beyond day 30.

With regards to my Picture 52 project, the first theme posted was Self-Portrait.  I am not a fan of self-portraits.  I feel like an idiot, setting the focus and delayed timer, and then rushing around to the front of the camera while the little beeper is going off like the Countdown of Doom.  It really doesn't help that the warning beep gets faster and faster near the end, while I'm trying to fling myself in front of camera at the exact right spot so that I am in focus, and then look all relaxed and chilled before the shutter goes off.   I got a picture, finally.  I can't say that I like it a whole lot, but it was the best of the batch I created.  This one involved a dark kitchen and the light from my cell phone.



So here we are.  First week of the year gone already.  I hope the New Year is treating you well.  And if you have already fallen off the wagon of your Resolutions, don't panic.  And be kind to yourself.  Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and jump back on.  One day at a time, one moment at a time.  Every day is a new day.  And if you can make today even a little better than yesterday, you've made progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment